Responsibilities (additional duties may be assigned by Dept Manager)
• Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly.
• Receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, customers, suppliers and others and refers, when necessary, to the appropriate person, official or department.
• Operates listed office machines as required.
• Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
• Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material.
• Assists public with the use of department facilities.
• Maintains office supply inventory.
• Develops and maintains office forms and procedures, and assists with administrative tasks
Skills and Experience
• Effective communication skills, professionalism, and ethical conduct.
• Must have the ability to multi-task.